Résolu

Foreigner account

Hello,

In November 2021 I went to work in agriculture in France and the company I was in, demanded to open an account with BNP in Eauze.

I had the obligation to pay a fee every month even when not using the bank account.

I left France in June 2022 because I live in Portugal (I'm Portuguese) and last time I actually used that account was on February 2022.

After that I just made sure to transfer money for that bank account to make sure I would pay the fee every month.

Once completing 12months I never got in the account anymore through mobile app since the fee was suppose to be for 12months only.

Now I received an email from the company in France I worked for, warning me that they had received a letter in November 2023 for me to pay 39€ that was in debt which I think it's wrong but wither way I was going to confirm that situation by entering the account on the app. Which I Know the details to enter pretty well since I have them noted. It says the code of my bank account is wrong. And when I try to reset it, it gives me an error, that I should contact you through phone but I'm not in France or know how to talk in french and I don't have any french phone number…

How can I get help on this matter? 

I speak Portuguese and English.

icon

Meilleure réponse par Adrien.B 5 December 2023, 14:06

Afficher l'original

1 réaction

Hello @Rute ,

Thank you for your first message on our Community! Welcome! 

You are currently on the Community for BNP Paribas Fortis, a Belgian bank.

So I can’t help you if you are a client of BNP Paribas, the French bank.

On their website, it seems that they only share a French-speaking phone number .

For English-speaking clients, I only found this form.

Good luck in your efforts.

Adrien

PS: We need you!  Your opinion counts and we want you to share it with us via this form. It’s totally anonymous and fast. Your contribution is essential to help us improve our Community.

Réagir