Résolu

My account is frozen and the bank does not respond to my messages

My BNP Paribas Fortis account got frozen April this year. Since then I’ve tried numerous times to resolve the issue (there are funds in the account) -- first I’ve responded to the bank’s representatives claiming that my identity documents were not in order by bringing an official document of my registration address in Lithuania (translated and approved by the notary), but nothing has changed, except the bank retreating in full non-communication: neither the Midi branch staff in Brussels, nor the online system of trying to schedule an appointment in person would work. The Easybanking personnel is only able to tell me to go to sort ‘the identity documents issue’ at the branch, then a clerk at the branch would scan my documents and send it to the “main office”. Nothing would change. Is this a regular practice of European Bank sanctioning its client in such passive ways of violence? 

I wonder if there another pathway or a senior figure in the BNP Paribas Fortis office I can contact in person to solve it instead of spinning in the vicious loop of ignorance and non-communication?  I’ve never experienced such a behaviour in the banking service anywhere else in the world. At least I would like to talk to someone who would be able to explain me what they are trying to do - move to another bank, write an article in a newspaper about it, translate my documents to a different language? I have no idea what they want and what is missing. 

I will be grateful for any advice on this.

Respectfully and gratefully in advance

Raimundas Malasauskas

icon

Meilleure réponse par Antonio 16 September 2022, 11:07

Afficher l'original

5 réactions

Niveau d'utilisateur 5

Hello @Raimundas Malasauskas,

I have no access to your banking data via this Community in order to inform you.

The solution is in your branch. 

You can also complain about your dissatisfaction. Here's the link.

Kind regards,

Antonio

Hello Antonio, thank you very much for your response

I’ve tried the complaint line - they’ve only responded by saying that I should contact via Easybanking (which I did numerous times in the last few months).

As for the branch - how would they not respond to a following message below I’ve sent them some time ago? What makes them incapable of simply schedule an appointment or respond with ‘Yes’, ‘No’, ‘Maybe’?

----

“i hope my message finds you well. Responding to your letter dated 26 March 2022 where you ask for my identity documents, I am emailing you the official translation of my registration data in Lithuania, including my address. I brought the same document to the Midi branch 22nd of April - a bank operator at the counter has scanned it and registered it. I hope it was filed accordingly.

I also hope this data is sufficient for the bank to release me a new VISA Debit card. The most recent one, as you and me witnessed at your office, was not operating due to the lack of the registration address.

Thus I've gone to Vilnius, Lithuania, and asked the Registration Center to issue this document in both English and Lithuanian.

I will be awaiting for your confirmation about the acceptance of this document. If you may need any further information in person - I will be happy to show up at the Midi branch at the earliest convenience.

Best regards

Niveau d'utilisateur 5

The solution is in your agency, Midi, if I understand correctly.

So you can make an appointment there or join my colleagues at midi-zuid@bnpparibasfortis.com.

Regards,

Antonio

But your colleagues at Midi are the ones who are not responding to any email I’ve sent them since March.

Niveau d'utilisateur 5

I can understand that.

You must understand that on this Community, I can direct you to the appropriate services.

I can't get into your bank data.

You can also join our English line on 02 762 20 00, Monday to Friday from 7am to 10pm and Saturday from 9am to 5pm.

Kind regards,

Antonio

Réagir