Résolu

worst customer service - close my account

Hello

I have had problems with my account for months! My ability to transfer funds has been blocked without explanation so I cannot transfer my own money back to my normal bank and generally cannot use this account for anything. For this reason I have now tried for weeks to close it but with no proper response. 

No one has assisted and I am generally shocked by the worst customer experience I have ever experienced.

I have tried calling many times and there is never anyone available who speaks English. I have called during and outside peak hours - nothing works. 
I have emailed and get no response.

I am not in Belgium so it’s not possible for me to go to a bank office physically. 

I just want to close my account! Please find a way to solve this!

Louise

icon

Meilleure réponse par RaphaelV 30 March 2021, 10:24

Afficher l'original

8 réactions

Niveau d'utilisateur 5

Hello @Louise norring 

Welcome on our Community,

We’re sorry to read your bad customer experience.

To close your account from abroad, you should send by registered mail your request with bank details of your actual account.

You can send it at this adresse : BNP Paribas Fortis SA - Montagne du Parc, 3 - 1000 Bruxelles (Belgium)

Please provide in the mail :

• a copy of your ID card/passport.
  • a proof of address : for example a document of your insurance policy, tax, water bill, etc. giving your address.
  • a proof of your actual account (statement, account opening document, etc.).

I wish you a nice day,

RaphaelV

Hello

I have had problems with my account for months! My ability to transfer funds has been blocked without explanation so I cannot transfer my own money back to my normal bank and generally cannot use this account for anything. For this reason I have now tried for weeks to close it but with no proper response. 

No one has assisted and I am generally shocked by the worst customer experience I have ever experienced.

I have tried calling many times and there is never anyone available who speaks English. I have called during and outside peak hours - nothing works. 
I have emailed and get no response.

I am not in Belgium so it’s not possible for me to go to a bank office physically. 

I just want to close my account! Please find a way to solve this!

Louise

Same experience for me. People who are not French natives should stay away or people who rely on the money to buy food and pay rent. I have never experienced such incompetence and unreliability in my whole life. I am hungry and can't buy food because some stupid employee probably pressed the wrong button. Communication is not possible. I have tried everywhere. I call all numbers, nobody replies , nobody speaks English and then are annoyed that the whole of the world doesn't speak French. I didn't even know that you can graduate or get a job without fluency in English. If you read this and think about joining the bank, please stay away. Nobody is happy here, bureaucracy is just so bad you can't cancel account!!! Stay away!!!

I did this -- sent everything by registered mail. The bank responded one time. In June 2021. They said they had everything they needed to transfer the funds and close the account. They won’t do anything now though and won’t answer my emails nor call me on the phone.

Here is the mail: 

Same Issue for me!

I’m unable to make transfers from my account after receiving my salary in it. I also noticed my overdraft was taken away and basically every transaction I tried last month failed. 

I’ve reached out to your bank via every means possible as I am no longer based in France but no response.

Please I need this issue fixed and hope I’m able resolve this here.

Best, 
Favour

Same Issue for me!

I’m unable to make transfers from my account after receiving my salary in it. I also noticed my overdraft was taken away and basically every transaction I tried last month failed. 

I’ve reached out to your bank via every means possible as I am no longer based in France but no response.

Please I need this issue fixed and hope I’m able resolve this here.

Best, 
Favour

@RaphaelV 

Niveau d'utilisateur 5

Bonjour @favour 

Être basé en France n’y changera rien…. Vous êtes sur le forum belge.

Bonjour @favour 

Être basé en France n’y changera rien…. Vous êtes sur le forum belge.

I have an issue with my BNP account, itsnt it the same Bank, whether in France or Mars? I simply explained that Ive tried all options within my reach

Niveau d'utilisateur 5

Non. Ce sont des entités différentes. La banque belge ne pourra pas vous aider avec un problème français.

PS : il n’y a pas (encore) de BNP sur Mars…

Réagir